November 13, 2013

The coding error last time was easily fixed by Audrey. I had to copy a zip-file into my Arduino folder.

 

I got to class and talked to Shanni about how to connect all of my strips of LEDs together. We figured that we should solder some wire onto the LED strips, but I should test it first to make sure that it would work.

Image

Image

This took WAY longer than solder ever should have. Luckily for me when it was successful (You can view the video of it being successful here: http://youtu.be/yFCALRQW1kY )

Now that I knew that soldering worked I was able to start attaching it to my fabric! (Which meant de-soldering it, then gluing the strips onto the fabric, and running the cords under the fabric before re-soldering).

I also finished gluing the velcro onto the fabric.

ImageImage

My final step for the day was soldering pins onto my square-wear, so that I could use rainbow connecting male-to-female wires on the final project.

Image

All in a day’s work. 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s